Polly Pocket Birthday Party

Polly Pocket is quickly gaining in popularity. My girls aren't exempt from the craze, they're obsessed! Thanks to the Netflix Polly Pocket series and Mattel's fantastic YouTube Polly Pocket channel (seriously it's actually fun and bearable to watch) they want to collect them all. One daughter, after talking about a Frozen 2 birthday party for a year, wanted to have a Polly Pocket Birthday Party 🤦‍♀️. Ok! Fine, I'll change tracks and plan a Polly Pocket Party. Nevermind that months ago I bought frozen 2 party favors, cause Dollar Tree had tons of stuff 🤣. Here's the problem though... There's NO Polly Pocket merchandise- anywhere!! The only thing you can find anywhere online are the actual polly pocket toys and ONE Etsy account that will sell you a digital file for a party invitation, cupcake toppers and a “Happy Birthday” sign. That’s it! What did you just say?.. “maybe you didn’t look that hard”. No. Girl let me tell you- Google, Party City, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Etsy, EVEN the Mattel website didn’t even have so much as a coloring page! Crazy right?! So all you illistrators out there turn on your thinking caps and go make some money on Polly pocket because it’s just getting started. There is only one season out on Netflix and already the toys are difficult to find in varriety. (PS. If you google for a Polly Pocket coloring page just to test what I’m saying you will find a lot of results for the “Old” Polly not the new one.)

So I did the best I could with what I had and I’m happy with how it all turned out, espically the cupcakes, I’m proud of those. It’s the first time that frosting turned out the way I wanted it to. I owe it all to the tips I learned from this —> https://www.lifeloveandsugar.com/vanilla-buttercream-icing/ I found the sprinkles at Party City and they were perfect and delicous! Normally I don’t like the taste of sprinkles but these just added a nice crunch with out the yucky taste. 






I used the packaging from a Polly Pocket SUV toy as a cupcake holder. I stuck to a pink/purple/teal/mint color scheme and placed Polly Pocket toys all around. I wrapped a box in purple wrapping paper and punched holes in it to hold the unicorn and rainbow suckers and to give some different heights to the decor. I let my daughter pick out any 1 candy treat she wanted for the party, I was rooting for cotton candy but the rainbow licorice won her heart. Each of the kids were given their own Tiny Polly Pocket toy and necklace so that they could all play together. It was a Polly Pocket Party Playdate. I had planned on coloring too but couldn’t find any cloring pages for the new Polly. Between playing with the toys, pizza, treats and presents It was the perfect low key party. 

I hope this helps some future parent in their Polly Pocket party planning.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude

Grandma Carol and the Bear